September 19, 2006 | CUISINE
Ritha from Daun Pisang tagged me to list my “5 things to eat before you die”. Thanks Ritha 🙂 The project was initiated by Melisa from The travelers lunch box. who got her inspiration from a list of the 50 things to eat before you die, compiled via a poll of BBC viewers and aired as a television show back in 2004.
It surely is hard to list, since I love so many food (pemakan segala), so it’s so difficult to me to narrow it down to 5 choices only *greedy*. So later I decided just to list the one I want to try in their original place in Indonesia, and here they are…
- “Ayam Tangkap” (crispy fried spicy chicken with alot of temuruy/curry leaves, it’s so crispy even the leaves are like crackers), one of Aceh Signature dish. I ate one here in Jakarta at RM MEUTIA (they called it ‘ayam tsunami’ 🙁 ) but I still want to try it in the capital city of Aceh: Banda Aceh.
- “Naniura” : one of Bataknese authentic cuisine besides “panggang lomok-lomok” and “saksang”. Naniura usually make using gold fish, but not cooked. the (raw) fish was only marinated in lemon lime, tamarind and other spice & herbs. I want to eat this in Tanah Karo – North Sumatra.
- “Gulai Itiak Samba Lado Hijau” (Duck Curry cooked with green chillies paste) at “ngarai sianok” West Sumatra. I’ve eat one here made by my friend’s Mom, but still want to try it in “ngarai sianok” 🙂
- “Babi Guling” (Balinese roast suckling pig). this one is a must must eat dish if you are happen to be in Bali. One of the most recommended restaurant serving this “Babi Guling” is Babi Guling Ibu Oka located at Ubud – Bali.
- “Paniki” (Manado authentic cuisine made from bats). I’ve been curious to eat this item in Manado, North Sulawesi. since its very hard to find in Jakarta. mostly Manado restaurant in Jakarta served only ‘halal’ manado cuisine.
Next I’ll tag ….
Febi, Allee, Reza and GoodEater