Spaghetti with Peas and Zucchini Ribbons
Found this recipe in this month’s Martha Steward Living magazine, It’s quite interesting as it uses neither garlic/onion nor olive oil and uses plain yogurt for the sauce instead. As we’re lazy to go out in the rainy afternoon, I cooked this for dinner. The result is a light pasta dish, not as savory as when I use onion with bacon, but it was satisfying.
Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 250gr spaghetti
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 zucchini, sliced thinly
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely sliced fresh basil (optional: replace with dried basil if fresh ones aren’t available)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan for serving
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add 1 teaspoon salt. Add frozen peas and cook for 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, transfer peas to a medium bowl, set aside. Add zucchini to the pot and cook for 30 seconds, then transfer to bowl with peas.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in salted boiling water until al dente, drain.
- In a large heated pan, add yogurt and basil. Stir the yogurt until slightly warm. Add peas, zucchini, and the pasta to the sauce. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with grated parmesan.